PDA

View Full Version : A car running purely 100% on water is already here...

Viper77
08-25-2008, 10:12 AM
But for the time being in Japan and not sold to the general public (yet)

http://genepax.co.jp/en/index.html

There you having, up and running in the streets...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMpoINPyFRI&feature=related

godoveryou
08-25-2008, 10:20 AM
I've been told that car and system isn't quite delivering on what is promised by the company. I'm personally chasing a similar goal, and would think it was great if it was as they state, but for right now I'm reserving positive judgement on it.

Genchaos
08-25-2008, 01:45 PM
I did quite a bit of browsing on this site and it appears that this is NOT an interneal combustion engine running hydrogen. The diagrams I looked at appeared to be a fuel cell producing electriity to power the car.

smartHHO
08-25-2008, 03:31 PM
I did quite a bit of browsing on this site and it appears that this is NOT an interneal combustion engine running hydrogen. The diagrams I looked at appeared to be a fuel cell producing electriity to power the car.

I noticed that just watching the video. The white box is the water to electricity, and the black box on the bottom seemed to be the convertor or mabey even batteries. Did not get to take a close look in the video. But, from what I can tell, 50 Kilomters on 1 liter of water is pretty good. If they could just get a water tank with pump to keep the thing filled, would work out great. But look at the size of the car. Lightweight is what they are shooting for so it does so well. You up the weight, say a SUV, and bet it won't work.

Cadillac
08-25-2008, 11:05 PM
GM and Toyota have both said publically that water cars are not feesible anytime in the near future. Figures Toyota released said it cost them over $2 million dollars to make a prototype. Even in full production they estimated these cars to run over $100,000 for the public to buy. Not many people that buy $100K cars are looking to save money.

Both are still experimenting with water as a fuel source. I think they are looking to add something like what all of us are doing to say an electric hybrid to even further lean out the mix.

I guess only time will tell.

I personally am against using water as a fuel source across the bord.

Jason
08-25-2008, 11:13 PM
China has also done this. They have a car on the road now testing... I saw a vid on youtube a while back...

BoyntonStu
08-25-2008, 11:32 PM
China has also done this. They have a car on the road now testing... I saw a vid on youtube a while back...

I watch Mind Freak on TV and I believe that all magic on TV is true.

NOT!!!!

A water only car will be sold exactly one day after the cure for Cancer is discovered.

Don't hold your breath.

Until then, BULL SH*T!!!

BoyntonStu

fuelcommander
08-26-2008, 10:03 AM
[QUOTE=Cadillac;10142]GM and Toyota have both said publically that water cars are not feesible anytime in the near future. QUOTE]
GM also has their hands in the honey pot for foreign oil.

Cadillac
08-26-2008, 10:22 PM
These conspiracy theories kill me. Do you have any credible proof to support that claim? How could they possibly hide that much money? As big as GM is that would have to be a whole lot of money.

Stanley Meyers was posioned? I am a chef. I think I speak for the rest of the respectable members in my profession when I say that none of use would take the risk of posioning a nobody. Give me a break. This technology has been around since the late 1800s. Not like he was really saying or doing anything new. If I remember right he was convicted of frauding a group of investors. His name will always be tarnished. Why would you kill him?

Instead of spending time wondering why the world is out to get everybody why not study and understand why things are the way they are. This kind of knowledge gives you the power to actually change things.

Viper77
09-06-2008, 11:14 AM
Well, right now GM is working to release the Chevy Volt in 2010, an electric-gasoline hybrid that will run 40 miles using just electricity (enough for daily commute for almost anyone) after that it will use a 1.4L engine to recharge the electric generator, so that pretty much kills the theory behind "Who killed the electric car" back in 1996, when they first released the EV1. In fact some technology of this new car is based on that one.
Check it out:
http://www.chevrolet.com/electriccar/

Obviously it won´t come cheap, but certainly will be cheaper than it´s competitors, they say it will be in the 30k/40k range.

Also don´t tell me that it doesn´t look nice:

http://www.tecnicostfe.com/800px-Chevrolet-Volt-DC.jpg

Also search on Youtube for some videos!

[QUOTE=Cadillac;10142]GM and Toyota have both said publically that water cars are not feesible anytime in the near future. QUOTE]
GM also has their hands in the honey pot for foreign oil.

redneckgearhead34
09-06-2008, 11:21 AM
The thing about this is:

Up until about a year ago nobody cared about fuel efficiency in america. That is because gas was cheap and it wasn't worth the time and money to invest in alternative energy.

Now we are all in a frinzy to fix our mistakes. I see it as a challenge and am enjoying the learning process