PDA

View Full Version : HHO Cell from Hell!

Atechguy
08-24-2008, 12:37 PM
Okay i am bamboozled, Bought cell premade it has 50 plates , i believe in series, It is lexan sealed cell with circulating bubbler, the plates are small and thin gauge, but apparently high quality, the gap maybe 1/8th but couple of plates taper to smaller gap. I have tried different solution but was to strong and would eventually blow 30 amp fuse after an hour or more, i have diluted the mixtures , have tried pure citric acid, vingear. not for long ,then NAoh, and seemed to be okay but then it started drawing amps so diluted and diluted, finally to day i start it when cold and the amp draw was about 21, when norammly it would start off at 6.25 amps, so i figured i had a short, so cleaned out cell looked thru the lexan , at cell gaps, to see a short , and tried meter but cause wasn't dry it would be intermitant , so filled up cell with ONLY Distilled water and fired it up and it was producing great only at 6.25 amps on straight distilled water. i was baffled ,:eek:So i figured i will leave it like this to see what happens, the 50 plates are about 1 1/2 by 2 inches.:confused:

godoveryou
08-24-2008, 12:55 PM
I wouldn't say you were bamboozled. Is it a single bath cell? If it's a single bath cell, it will typically draw much more current than it would if designed properly. Correct the short (which can happen, and does), clean your generator aggressively (because of the other electrolyes you put in), and let it soak in a very weak NaOH solution for a day or so. Then dump the solution, clean again, fill again with a *VERY WEAK* NaOH solution and see where you are at.

GOY

Atechguy
08-24-2008, 01:19 PM
GOY , yaa i 'm not bamboozled ,actually the seller will do what ever to make sure i don't have a short in one of the cells after it gets warmed up, I mentioned to them i would perfer one with a bunch of neutrals in the mix . Will see how my next trip works will the cell cleaned up and distilled with touch of NAoh. Thanks:o