PDA

View Full Version : EFIE vs MAF enhacer

Rgrey9
08-24-2008, 09:50 AM
hello
I have Just installed a hho system on my 04 dodge 1500, which is better a EFIE or a MAF enhancer to adjust my fuel mixture?
Rgrey9

godoveryou
08-24-2008, 10:06 AM
O2 enhancer.

Your truck will enter closed loop operation very quickly. In closed loop, the primary sensor for the ECM is your O2. Now the lookup tables for that voltage do cross-reference to inputs from other sensors, but only as a comparison for testing purposes. If you wanted to get the most out of the setup you would want to get both enhancers so you could adjust your O2 even more.

Be aware, you will need to modify the front O2 sensor on both banks of the engine, unless you have the Cummings, but since you didn't say that I will just assume you don't.

I would also suggest getting a scangauge so you can see just how quickly you pop into closed loop as well as being able to reset an O2 code if you over adjust the enahncer and set a code for it.

GOY

waterworld
08-24-2008, 10:11 AM
To me, an 'enhancer' is an EFIE. This means it alters something from the stock system. O2 enhancers modify the voltage signal being sent to the PCM to prevent the PCM from needlessly increasing the fuel mixture. The MAF enhancer modifies the voltage signal from the MAF to the PCM to trick the PCM with the amount of air being drawn into the engine.

I consider them both EFIE enhancers. In most cases they both provide for a more efficient running engine. In my experience I have found that the O2 enhancer provides a greater value but both are effective. My EFIE adjusts both O2 and MAF together for maximum effect.

godoveryou
08-24-2008, 10:21 AM
I thought I just said that? LOL. :p

The only exception is that I don't agree that both provide for an efficient running engine. In closed loop the ECM doesn't refer to the MAF or MAP or combintion of the two except as an error-check for the O2 input. Therefore, in closed loop, which is where is engine will be for 95% of the driving, the O2 "EFIE" if you will, is the clear choice.

GOY

Rgrey9
08-24-2008, 09:40 PM
Okay, so any recomendations, for Map enhancers or O2 enhancers