PDA

View Full Version : SMACK BOOSTER REPLICA .7lpm@25AMPS

smilesyota
08-24-2008, 12:24 AM
Hello this was my first attempt at a HHO gen. went with the smack design.
I used 16 ss wall plates in a 4in pvc cylinder. It holds 2/3 gal of distilled water with about two teaspoons of lye. running at 14.5v at 25 or so amps it is producing .7 LPM. running for 1 hour did not exceed 115 deg F.
How can I get more production with a smaller draw?

godoveryou
08-24-2008, 10:36 AM
Unfortunately the smack design does not allow for much there. The only real workable solution is to use larger electrodes, condition them properly, and dimple them for even greater surface area.

More efficient generators run multiple cells. Bob Boyce's for instance is a 100 cell unit. One of my favorate cells, and usually the first one I tell someone to make or make for them runs 7 cells. Ultimately what you want is to completely isolate the dielectric (water) from one cell to the other as much as possible. You want to run between 1.4-1.6 volts per actual cell, and you will find your current requirement is much lower per volume of gas produced.

So you know a generator is the completely unit, a cell is a seperate portion of dielectric. Smack often suggests that his generator has something like 8 cells because of a voltage drop, but that's inaccurate because of the current leak through the dielectric. It's that current leak that's causing your high current draw.

GOY