PDA

View Full Version : Fluid Control & HHO Practicality

volomike
08-22-2008, 09:50 PM
* We have electrolyte bubbling into our bubbler. How do I collect just the gas but not the electrolyte?

* When the kill switch to our electrolyzer is thrown, a strange thing happens. The water in the bubbler is sucked backwards into the electrolyzer, diluting its mix. I guess I could just put electrolyte in the bubbler, but then that makes the electrolyzer too powerful and that has side effects too. How do I stop this process? I could perhaps create a one-way valve, but I fear that if the electrolyzer needs to pull and we have a one-way valve -- something has got to give and it could crack a hole somewhere.

* Do you have a clever way to handle refills of bubbler water and electrolyte? I'm trying to increase the practicality of this such that my wife won't have to pop the hood on the vehicle and check fluid levels every time she needs to drive off with HHO/HFI. I'd like for it to last a good bit longer than it does -- auto fill, as well as let us know from some kind of meter inside the vehicle on our fluid levels.

scrode
08-22-2008, 10:03 PM
I had the same prob... It's caused by the expansion of the heated water and gas. What I did was to let it warm up and fill the bubbler, then while it is running empty the bubbler to the desired level. It will refill to the level you set it to when it heats up. when it cools the water contracts sucking the fluid back. I couldn't figure out what was causing the cel to come on. But realized it was sucking the fluid into the engine. after I did the procedure above I haven't had a problem. Hope that helps.

anyone with a better way to control it would be great

I also use a one way valve to try and stop it. between the bubbler and the vacuum side. It still sucks it back in but not as fast.

c02cutter
08-22-2008, 10:10 PM
I know why it is doing this, the cell is warmer than the bubbler. As the cell cools it will pull liquid backwards into the cell is is nothing but thermal dynamics at that point. Hot expands and as it cools it contracts. Thus pulling the liquid to the cell. We need a pic of the setup.

I have run a cell on the bench and had that same thing occur. My problem was I was using soapy water in a glass so I could blow up bubbles. The next day I started the cell and in a few minutes it was foaming like you would not believe. Reason was it pulled enough of the soapy liquid back into the cell to cause the soap to hold the production within the cell. Bubbles were strong enough to force a foam disaster in my kitchen... lol, yes I caught hell.

scrode
08-22-2008, 10:15 PM
I have run a cell on the bench and had that same thing occur. My problem was I was using soapy water in a glass so I could blow up bubbles. The next day I started the cell and in a few minutes it was foaming like you would not believe. Reason was it pulled enough of the soapy liquid back into the cell to cause the soap to hold the production within the cell. Bubbles were strong enough to force a foam disaster in my kitchen... lol, yes I caught hell.

tooo funny, I did the same thing :D

Boltazar
08-22-2008, 10:41 PM
If you use the container that holds extra electrolyte as the bubbler, you kill two birds with, well you know. Generator is fed from the bottom of the bubbler, HHO gas is sent into the bubbler from the top of the generator to the bottom of the reservior via a straw, HHO gas bubbles to the top of the reservior and out to the engine. Electrolyte level in bubbler / reservoir is at the same level in the generator.

volomike
08-23-2008, 12:39 AM
If you use the container that holds extra electrolyte as the bubbler, you kill two birds with, well you know. Generator is fed from the bottom of the bubbler, HHO gas is sent into the bubbler from the top of the generator to the bottom of the reservior via a straw, HHO gas bubbles to the top of the reservior and out to the engine. Electrolyte level in bubbler / reservoir is at the same level in the generator.

Yeah, I was kinda thinking along the same lines. I'll give this some more thought.

kiki
08-23-2008, 07:47 AM
i made a bubbler and placed this above the cell. one hose from the top of the cell is fed to the botom of the bubbler (the bubbler should be above the cell). and a returnhose from the bottom of the bubbler to the botom of the cell.

this causes the gass-electrolyte to escape the cell from the top hose, into the bubbler, and the electrolyte is flowing back to the cell into the bottom.

the cell is completely filled till the top and the bubbler halfway. this creates a flow which cooles the cell very GOOD!! did not have any heatproblems anymore!

arjen

Painless
08-23-2008, 12:31 PM
The only potential issue I can think of with using electrolyte in your bubbler is that any foam produced may end up in your air intake?

kiki
08-24-2008, 04:18 PM
i planned to build 2 of the cell-bubblertank kits as described above and lead the 2 outputhoses to an extra " just to be save" bubbler unit. to get rid of boiling water vapor etc.

mario brito
08-24-2008, 04:42 PM
I saw that same thing when bench testing. What I've done was to switch the tube that connects the cell to the bubbler with another with a bigger section. That way, the volume of water sucked back to the cell when it cools down, had to be much bigger to be able to reach the cell. Now it just gets 1/3 of the way. Problem solved.

Thanks

justaguy
08-25-2008, 07:34 PM
Put a one way check valve between the generator and the bubbler so the generator can't suck it back.

scrode
08-25-2008, 07:45 PM
actually when I put the valve between the bubbler and vacuum it stopped. About the same Idea as above. good luck

Genchaos
08-25-2008, 07:46 PM
My bubbler is a one inch clear plastic tube in a deep "U" shape, it never allows water to be sucked back because the bubbles just reverse direction as it cools down.