It felt pretty sturdy.

Wide mouth and a good seal.

Better than a Mason Jar!

What do you think?

BoyntonStu

Q-Hack!
08-22-2008, 05:21 AM
Heh,

I looked at those very jugs about a month ago...

It be interesting to see how well they work.

Genchaos
08-22-2008, 09:56 AM
It appears to be insulated and may cause heat buildup. I do think we need a "containers" thread on this forum. I'm looking into the cost of some stainless steel pressure containers I found on the web hoping the container itself can become the negetive side of the circuit. I think it would also allow heatsinking if the outer shell were stainless.
http://www.eaglestainless.com/products/containers/press_vess.html

BoyntonStu
08-22-2008, 10:40 AM
It appears to be insulated and may cause heat buildup. I do think we need a "containers" thread on this forum. I'm looking into the cost of some stainless steel pressure containers I found on the web hoping the container itself can become the negetive side of the circuit. I think it would also allow heatsinking if the outer shell were stainless.
http://www.eaglestainless.com/products/containers/press_vess.html

Like this cheap and always available pot scheme in thrift stores?

BoyntonStu

Genchaos
08-22-2008, 11:05 AM
That doesn't look like a pressure container to me..........:D

BoyntonStu
08-22-2008, 11:40 AM
That doesn't look like a pressure container to me..........:D

Don't pressure me, it is coming together.

BoyntonStu

Smith03Jetta
08-22-2008, 01:48 PM
Looks like a UFO that I saw one night back in '93. The UFO didn't have a handle, though!:)

jthiani
08-22-2008, 02:15 PM
Looks interesting but i would also be concerned about heat retention. Interesting to see how it would work out

Q-Hack!
08-22-2008, 04:30 PM
Just think once thermal runaway happens, you can roast marshmallows by the fire. :p

Painless
08-22-2008, 04:32 PM
Just think once thermal runaway happens, you can roast marshmallows by the fire. :p

Or you could tip out the electrolyte, drop in your chef boyarde ravioli and lunch is served!

godoveryou
08-22-2008, 09:19 PM
I would avoid it in favor of an actual suitable cell container. Try shatter resistant plexiglass .220 inches thick.

c02cutter
08-22-2008, 09:51 PM
What a foot note there godoveryou... And as a container, give it a shot, and show us. If nothing else you either prove us wrong, or we are going to be buying a lot of those containers... Lmao

My personal opinion is I don't have one...

HHOhoper
08-23-2008, 02:21 AM
Looks like a UFO that I saw one night back in '93. The UFO didn't have a handle, though!:)

You didn't see a UFO, sir.

Sincerely,

Sgt. HHOhoper
U.S. Airforce

BoyntonStu
08-23-2008, 07:34 AM
He didn't see a flying saucer; it was a flying pot!

BoyntonStu

Painless
08-23-2008, 12:29 PM
He didn't see a flying saucer; it was a flying pot!

BoyntonStu

Thank God it wasn't a flying potty!

Q-Hack!
08-23-2008, 06:10 PM
Didn't someone say in a different thread that they were going to try urine as an electrolyte?

Painless
08-23-2008, 06:45 PM
Didn't someone say in a different thread that they were going to try urine as an electrolyte?

Using a ceramic container made by American Standard might be in then? ..with a built in handle that would circulate the electrolyte when pulled?

BoyntonStu
08-23-2008, 11:13 PM
Using a ceramic container made by American Standard might be in then? ..with a built in handle that would circulate the electrolyte when pulled?

Come on, stop pulling my ballcock.

BoyntonStu

godoveryou
08-24-2008, 10:48 AM
What a foot note there godoveryou... And as a container, give it a shot, and show us. If nothing else you either prove us wrong, or we are going to be buying a lot of those containers... Lmao

My personal opinion is I don't have one...

It's been done time and time again. Shatter resistant plexi holds up to the electrolytes we use, holds pressure, doesn't hold heat, allows for constant fluid level monitoring, allows for electrode monitoring, etc etc etc. You may laugh, but what do you think the walls of Bob Boyce's cell are made from? How about the clear tube Meyer used in his cell? Bob Boyce, plexi. Meyer, same, just an acrylic tube. They are only about the two most noticable names in HHO other than Mr. Brown himself and they have absolutely no problem using Plexi. Just chemically weld the seams and your done.... What's the beef?

GOY