PDA

View Full Version : Preassure release valve & bubbler caps

Mindcrime13
08-21-2008, 04:06 PM
hello guys!

well im building my set up based on water filter, do ireally need 1 way pressure release valve, and bubbler cap?

http://i3.ebayimg.com/07/i/001/01/a3/cbb3_1.JPG

http://i16.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/fc/63/8ae3_1.JPG

jthiani
08-21-2008, 04:45 PM
okey im going to go out on a limb here....... i thought about the same thing. Using the bubbler cap caused the water to bubble vigorously once the engine was running and it is my opinion that this bubbling caused the water to evaporate prematurley once it started to get hot. the result was my water level was going down so fast to the point that a 100 mile trip would completely diplete my water. I just built a new cap about 1 hour ago without the bubbler and i will test. It is my opinion that the bubbler cap is not needed. If anyone else has input on this please share.

justaguy
08-21-2008, 08:39 PM
okey im going to go out on a limb here....... i thought about the same thing. Using the bubbler cap caused the water to bubble vigorously once the engine was running and it is my opinion that this bubbling caused the water to evaporate prematurley once it started to get hot. the result was my water level was going down so fast to the point that a 100 mile trip would completely diplete my water. I just built a new cap about 1 hour ago without the bubbler and i will test. It is my opinion that the bubbler cap is not needed. If anyone else has input on this please share.

Are you talking about the valve on top of your generator? If you are I assume you have your generator hooked to intake vacuum? The purpose of the valve is if air is sucked then you have to have air coming in. I have heard of the vacuum collapsing generators for this reason. I have also heard of the same thing that happened to you. Actually what happened to your water is the vacuum sucked it from your generator into your engine. The suction is what is causing the vigorous bubbles, sorta like blowing on a straw in a coke.

This is why most people have decided against using the valve and also against using the intake vacuum. The hho will have enough pressure to push the gas out anyway.

Mindcrime13
08-28-2008, 02:33 PM
si i can have my system, air seal, the generator and the bubbler, and the hose would not collapse from the vaccum?

i also thought of putting a one way valve, form the generator to the bubbler, so the water from the bubble does not get in my hho cell.

i would not need a bubbler cap anyway to the generator or the bubbler?

justaguy
08-28-2008, 07:52 PM
I haven't tried it but others that have said that the valve on top of the generator is like a huge vacuum leak if you are hooked up to the intake vacuum. But again, with strong vacuum without it your generator could collapse from the suction depending on your container.

A lot of people have gone away from connecting to the intake vacuum for several reasons including sucking all the water from their generator and or bubbler. Try hooking it up just before the butterfly in the breather hose, this is what most are doing. The hho has enough pressure to push it anyway. Some think their generator is putting out a lot more hho with vacuum but a lot of it is water vapors being created by the vacuum and this is going into your engine.

Mindcrime13
08-29-2008, 12:57 AM
thabks for the reply! that actually what im planning hooking it up to my air intake, i have a KN, that already has a hole right before the throttler, so if i hook in there i do not need any valve at all?

would using it just form the bubbler to the cell is it alright ? so the bubbler water does not get in the cell

justaguy
08-29-2008, 07:57 PM
Sometimes after shutting your engine off the generator will tend to suck some of the water from the bubbler, not always but some have had it to happen. So, a lot of people are putting the one way check valve between the generator and the bubbler and also between the bubbler and the intake for flashback protection.

Boltazar
08-30-2008, 09:13 PM
Why don't we use a reservoir as a the bubbler. Booster HHO into bottom of reservoir other bottom of reservoir would be electrolite to bottom of booster. Top of reservoir to engine. Wouldn't that work?

Painless
08-31-2008, 09:15 AM
I think using the reservoir as a bubbler is a bad idea, it won't clean up the HHO enough. RadGenH2O on youtube was doing this, but upon inspecting his air intake he found electrolyte residue in there. I guess, effectively, the HHO upon production is being 'bubbled' through the electrolyte, yet we know this isn't enough to clean it properly.

BoyntonStu
08-31-2008, 10:12 AM
Zero proved its worth.

Just a single layer from a plastic grocery bag to blow out.

I hope that this helps.

BoyntonStu