PDA

View Full Version : HHO Caution

timetowinarace
08-20-2008, 11:57 PM
I guess I'm a bit confused. Over and over I see members take the time to study, design and build (or buy) an electrolyser for their vehicle. All in the name of saving a bit of money at the pump. After they have installed their boosters and seen some gains, for some reason they want to build a better one:rolleyes:. Another poster is getting 1LPM and thiers is only getting .5LPM or something.

They have built their boosters. The booster worked.:p They are saving money. They are not happy. :(

So, on to the next booster. It's bigger, it's better, it produces much more bubbles. But wait, MPG's went in the crapper. The nasty ecu has detected the booster.:mad:

Now it's time to attack the sencers. Make the ecu behave. Study some more, design some more, and build(or buy) some more.

Is the lure of the hho booster really money? Or is it hobby? After all, to save money they only need to go back to the prior booster or lower production. No need to fool the ecu. Unless you don't LIKE the ecu.

This post is part humor and part truth. I find this stuff addicting.

sm0kin
08-21-2008, 12:04 AM
very addicting....I find myself on this board way to much. I'm at werk and instead of closing up and going home here i am. But hey the good news is i have an unfinished cell at home waiting for me..wifes already in bed..darn the luck

JojoJaro
08-21-2008, 12:09 AM
I guess I'm a bit confused. Over and over I see members take the time to study, design and build (or buy) an electrolyser for their vehicle. All in the name of saving a bit of money at the pump. After they have installed their boosters and seen some gains, for some reason they want to build a better one:rolleyes:. Another poster is getting 1LPM and thiers is only getting .5LPM or something.

They have built their boosters. The booster worked.:p They are saving money. They are not happy. :(

So, on to the next booster. It's bigger, it's better, it produces much more bubbles. But wait, MPG's went in the crapper. The nasty ecu has detected the booster.:mad:

Now it's time to attack the sencers. Make the ecu behave. Study some more, design some more, and build(or buy) some more.

Is the lure of the hho booster really money? Or is it hobby? After all, to save money they only need to go back to the prior booster or lower production. No need to fool the ecu. Unless you don't LIKE the ecu.

This post is part humor and part truth. I find this stuff addicting.

The satisfaction of defeating 'the system' is invigorating.

First, I had to confront the challenge of running my Duramax on WVO, now I need to figure out how to burn WVO more cleanly. My buddies ask me why bother with HHO to improve my MPG, when I get free WVO to run my engine? So, basically it costs me $.03 per gallon of fuel.

My answer, because it's a challenge.

Jaxom
08-21-2008, 01:55 PM
It's part hobby, and part the endless pursuit of perfection. We all know infinite fuel mileage is just as impossible as infinite power, yet we strive for both. I used to be a street-racer, and I DUMPED time and money into my Camaro to make it go faster and corner better than the next guy's car. Now my interest is in more efficiency instead of more power....saving money is great, but surely there's a way to save even MORE money, right?

It's a challenge, it's addictive, and it may benefit the entire world in the long run.

godoveryou
08-21-2008, 05:37 PM
Hobby. I've been working on them for years, along with other automotive projects. Being from Ohio, I heard about Stanley long ago.

At first I did it because I was racing and I wanted to see how it affected horsepower. Then it became about saving money to buy more research equipment. Now my current goal isn't to save money, but drive using water as fuel. I've been chasing it for about 2 years, with some very very mild success - if you would call it that. Nothing note worthy, and if it was, I'd be a fool to say so.

Honestly, I think if anyone drives a car that will run on water they better keep their mouth shut. Respected authorities will call you a liar. Big oil will smear your name in mud. The government will wonder where the tax on your fuel is and when you can pay it. That is, if they don't charge you with a crime for using an unapproved fuel in a motor vehicle or worse.

None the less, I see a lot of people doing it as a hobby and I think that's great. Would you rather have you 16 year old son wasting away his brain in front of a television, or building something and getting some real life experience?

mario brito
08-21-2008, 07:05 PM
My primary goal is to build the "perfect" cell for my car and to save the most fuel I can.

But... there's always a "but..." :)

I like building this cell's. When I was younger, I've builded and raced my own's electric 1/10 RC cars.

Since then, all I have, was builted by someone else. Was tested by someone else. Was designed by someone else. Was invented by someone else.

For the first time since many years, I can build something "new", test it, design it, etc, etc, etc.

In this process, I've learned with you all lots of new stuff. And I can use this new knowledge and put it to practice ! Everyday.

All this just to say one thing... THIS IS FUN !!!!!!!!! :)

Thanks

justaguy
08-21-2008, 09:11 PM
Is the lure of the hho booster really money? Or is it hobby?

When gas got to 4.00 I seen the W4Gas ad and after reading about it I started researching on forums and found that it does work. My brother is a sceptic and after a couple of discussions of me trying to convince him that it was not a scam I told him that I would build one and prove to him that it worked. Theres no way that i,m going to let him say....I TOLD YOU IT WAS BS.
This is why I have read the forums and researched for the last two months making sure mine will work when I get it finished. I,m building a two cell generator for starters. I should have it finished and installed by next week. If I can as much as 5 mpg increase I will be happy and also will prove to him that it works. If I don,t get any increase i,m f#@ked.:D