Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Discouraged by 'NAY SAYERS'

tbhavsar Guest

Question Discouraged by 'NAY SAYERS'

Discouraged by 'NAY SAYERS'

I am working on my hydrogen booster and installed it; not much success so far but I keep on trying. During my research on Google I found something below and got discouraged.

“It is a common misconception that the power you get from the alternator comes for free. IT DOES NOT.

It takes GASOLINE to run the alternator - with the resultant 20% efficiency of the gasoline engine, and another loss in the alternator output.

The electricity splits the water into oxygen and hydrogen with yet another loss of efficiency.

The oxygen and hydrogen are recombined in the internal combustion engine, along with the burning of gasoline and oxygen. This is a further loss of efficiency.

Adding oxygen and hydrogen to the input gas stream DOES NOT improve the efficiency of the gasoline burn, and CAN NOT produce more energy than is put in.

Throw a solar panel on the roof and use THAT to crack the water, but do not think you will get any improved efficiency from cracking the water with the alternator.

You have thrown your money away if you think this will work. The law of conservation of energy will beat you every time. It's the same as trying to make your car levitate - the law of gravity is your enemy on that one.

I look forward to seeing how you convince yourself that this is working, but I predict that you will be rather disappointed.”

Don't be put off by these narrow minded nay sayers. It's easy for them to sit at their computer and lay down the law about something that they haven't even tried or researched utilizing rules of physics which they think are the only ones that apply.

There are plenty of good honest and methodical people on this forum that will show you their own results and proof that this technology does work. If I can get a 3 mpg gain around town on a truck that weighs almost 6500 lbs with just 1.25 litres per min of HHO and no other mods yet then that's personal proof enough for me that I'm on the right track to saving myself some money.

Don't be discouraged by people that do no practical research other than citing laws thinking that they are the only ones that apply. NASA has proven that hydrogen can assist the efficiency of the internal combustion engine, need I say more?

Welcome to our forums, read your way around and learn as you go. If you're lucky, you might even see one of the nay sayers filling up at the pump as you drive by, be sure to toot the horn, smile and wave.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Whoever wrote that, is 100% full of crap!

You are running your cars generator anyhow! The generators in most cases are able to produce nearly twice the electrical energy you car needs, with virtually every device working (radio, AC, winshield washers, power windows, convertable top, power seats, etc) To even include some seats that can warm, or even cool your ass, as you drive.

In truth, the system can drive most, if not all of these devices at the same time, but who ever uses more than several of them at once?

Further, you can even get alternators that have even greater outputs, if needed.

Your alternator, is not equipped with a switch, to produce 20% of its possible effiency, or 40, to 60% if you decide to drive with the seats bouncing up, and down, or front to back, while your winshield wipers scrape dry glass, in addition to the AC, and radio.

Truth is, the alternator has only one control, as so does your engine. It's either on, or it's off! Energy that is produced by the alternator, is either used, or wasted, as the alternator can not be turned off, while the car engine is running. While it's true you can dump energy it produces, you still use a portion of your fuel bill to turn the alternator.

The HHO generators are only using current that has already been produced, and that enery would ordinarilly, would go to waste, if it was not used.

The 2 or 3% suplimental HHO (by comparison to the whole volume of fuel burned), can deliver a bennefit of ten times that value, or greater, by causing a quicker, hotter, and a complete burn of all the fuel, gasoline, and HHO combined!

The quicker burn, also is responsible for less carbon build up in the cylinders, pipes, and catalytic converters. In fact, even though the burn is hotter, the speed of the hydrogen burn, causes the engine to run cooler!

Also, in producing HHO, it only takes two, or three percent supplimental HHO, to make your enginge burn three times hotter, causing you to completely burn the gasoline you were previously only getting a 40 to 60% burn from!
    For larger photos of offerings see:
    http://shuttermotor.tripod.com/id12.html

Painless;

You and I obviously both jumped on this thread with the same basic velocity.....

However, i want to note that while you claim a 3 MPG increase, in a 6500 lb truck, some will wrongly read that, as 3% rather than its true percentage of increase.

For a better understanding, convert the 3 MPG increase, to an actual percentage of increase, and people will better see the light!

these are the same pinheads who say you can't run a diesel on WVO.
    I don't care what stupid people think, they are the ones paying $4.00/gal, while I pay $.50/gal
    1982 MB 300D Turbo Diesel 90%WVO/10%RUG + additives blend. $.50/gal
    don't know what MPG is, probly low 20s

I'm showing my age!

I accidently typed generator (several times), instead of "alternator"

Yes! I very well remember, cars with six volt batteries, and generators.

In fact, I learned to drive a Model T, with no battery (or starter). And, it didn't even have a gear shift, as gears were changed by double clutching (after you almost ripped your thumb off, crank starting the engine).

When using the hand crank, you never wrapped your thumb around the handle, as you couldn't let go of it quickly enough, when the engine caught. Many people broke their arms that way, because the crank whipped back, and the couldn't move the arm quick enough.

I'm not as old as the car was, but I do have some fond memmories of it!

DigitalMocking Guest
    People who talk in terms of absolutes and conservation of energy don't really understand what the point of HHO in the fuel system is, and they don't really understand how cars work.

30% of the gasoline in your stock vehicle isn't burned to propel the car forward. It's passed though to the cat to fuel the chemical process that cleans your exhaust. Your alternator is also at 100% production starting at around 2000 rpm, so most of the time, your alternator is spinning and not doing anything anyway, so you aren't creating any energy, you're using what's there better.

The point of HHO generation isn't to magically create energy from thin air. It's to change the properties of you F/A mixture's burn to get a cleaner and more complete burn, this allows you to use less gasoline to move your car forward.

tbhavsar Guest
    Thanks for all your feedbacks; that comforts me.

Quote Originally Posted by tbhavsar View Post
    Thanks for all your feedbacks; that comforts me.
    You're more than welcome!

One thing I would definitely encourage you (and everyone else) to do is to start your own experiment thread, along the lines of 'smith experiment in hho' and my own 'painless experiment in hho'. This is a great way to:

A) Share your experiences with others, no matter how trivial they are.

B) Get input on your thought processes and problems, everyone can get all the history from your thread and be in a better position to help and learn.

C) Keep a clear diary of your experiments and results. It's been a help to me, more than once, to go back over my own thread and find new direction.

We're all here to help each other and we all, hopefully, believe in the capabilities of what we are doing. There may be some here thaty don't fall into that catagory, but they are more 'interested parties observing from the fence' than ignorant tunnel visioned 'nay sayers'.

Go ahead and share your work with us and we'll all do our best to move you forward to some great results!
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by DaneDHorstead View Post
    Whoever wrote that, is 100% full of crap!

Energy that is produced by the alternator, is either used, or wasted, as the alternator can not be turned off, while the car engine is running. While it's true you can dump energy it produces, you still use a portion of your fuel bill to turn the alternator.
    Dane,

Please rethink this statement.

Have you ever seen a generator lug when power was turned on?

BoyntonStu